Advanced Concepts of Quantum Computing
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
IN2400 is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Focus Area Theoretical Quantum Science & Technology in M.Sc. Quantum Science & Technology
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Shor's algorithm for integer factorization
- Quantum operations
- Quantum error-correction
- Linear Algebra, e.g., MA0901 Linear Algebra for Informatics
- Analysis (for Quantum Fourier transform), e.g., MA0902 Analysis for Computer Science
- Fundamentals of group theory helpful (for quantum error correction), but not strictly required, e.g., MA2010 Algebra
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VI||4||Advanced Concepts of Quantum Computing (IN2400)||
Lopez Gutierrez, I.
Responsible/Coordination: Mendl, C.
Mon, 12:00–14:00, MI 02.07.023
Tue, 08:00–10:00, MI 00.13.009A
Thu, 12:00–14:00, MI 00.08.055
Tue, 12:00–14:00, MI 01.07.023
Learning and Teaching Methods
J. Preskill: Quantum Computing in the NISQ era and beyond. Quantum 2, 79 (2018)
Description of exams and course work
The exam may be repeated at the end of the semester.