CSE Seminar Course Scientific Computing
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
IN2183 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Further Modules from Other Disciplines
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||30 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Example topics (not necessarily offered every year):
- Dynamical Systems & Scientific Computing
- Fluid-Structure Interaction
- Medical Image Processing
- Numerical Methods for Computational Finance
- Numerical Methods for Earthquake & Tsunami Simulation
- Programming Models and Code Generation
- Software Engineering in Computational Intensive Applications
- Tracking and Navigation for Computer Aided Surgery
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
The presentation examines the student´s ability in presenting, structuring and explaining the given topic. Questions from the supervisors and the audience examine the student´s ability to analyze his or her topic in detail and to understand the overall context. The discussion also examines the ability to participate in a scientific discussion. The submitted short term paper examines on the one hand the skills in analyzing the topic itself, on the other hand the ability to recapitulate the topic.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.