Foundations of Program and System Development
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
IN2078 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This module description is valid to SS 2020.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||75 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Data modelling: Abstract description of data structures
++ Signatures, algebras, models and description media
++ Axiomatic descriptions
++ Data type declarations and object model
++ Change of the data structure; stepwise development of data
- Modelling of program specifications and algorithms:
++ Functional programming: specification, refinement and verification
++ Procedure-oriented programming: specification, assumptions, Hoare-rules
++ Predicative specification, stepwise refinement, verification
++ Network structures
++ Sequential OO-programs and their specification
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VU||5||Foundations of program and system development (IN2078)||
Tue, 14:00–17:00, MI 00.13.009A
Thu, 10:00–12:00, MI 00.13.009A
Learning and Teaching Methods
Students should be able to study the literature and the content of the lectures to stimulate discussion of the topics. The exercises may be partly carried out in groups and must answer concrete questions work on selected examples.
- E. W. Dijkstra. A Discipline of Programming. Prentice-Hall, 1976.
- M.A. Jackson. Software Requirements & Specification - a Lexicon of Practice, Principles and Prejudices. Addison-Wesley, 1995.
- B. Meyer. Objektorientierte Softwareentwicklung. Hanser/Prentice-Hall, 1990.
- F.L. Bauer und H. WÜssner. Algorithmische Sprache und Programmentwicklung. Springer, 1981.
- N. Wirth. Algorithmen und Datenstrukturen. 3. Aufl. Teubner, 1983.
- R. Bird and P. Wadler. Introduction to Functional Programming. Prentice-Hall, 1988.
- K.R. Apt und E.R. Olderog. Programmverifikation. Springer, 1994.
Description of exams and course work
The exam may be repeated at the end of the semester.