Applications of Knowledge-Based Techniques
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2015 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2015||SS 2012|
IN2058 is a semester module in German or English language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered irregularly.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- description logics: representation of taxonomic knowledge and reasoning about it;
- principles of the Semantic Web: Semantic Markup Languages, Inference mechanisms and engines for the Semantic Web;
- information systems in the WWW: data integration from distributed information sources; wrappers and wrapper learning; planning mechanisms for data integration; global-as-view and local-as-view abstractions;
- Semantic Web Services and planning complex services;
- selected examples of intelligent web services;
- grounded knowledge representation: principles of data mining and the integration of data mining mechanisms into knowledge-based systems
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Learning and Teaching Methods
Ben Taskar and Lise Getoor: Introduction to Statistical Relational Learning, The MIT Press.
Description of exams and course work
The exam may be repeated at the end of the semester.