Application and Implementation of Database Systems
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
IN2031 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level and Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|180 h||75 h||6 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Concurrency Control
- Security and Privacy
- Object Oriented und Object Relational Database Concepts
- Deductive Databases
- Distributed Databases
- Business Intelligence: Data Warehousing, Data Mining
- Main Memory Database Systems
- XML and Database Systems
- Database Concepts in the Context of Big Data Applications
- Performance Evaluation
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||3||Application and Implementation of Database Systems (IN2031)||Kemper, A.||
Thu, 11:00–14:00, Interims I 101
and singular or moved dates
|UE||2||Application and Implementation of Database Systems, Exercise Session (IN2031)||
Responsible/Coordination: Kemper, A.
|dates in groups||
Learning and Teaching Methods
- A. Kemper, M. Wimmer: Übungsbuch: Datenbanksysteme. 3. Auflage Oldenbourg Verlag, 2012
- A. Silberschatz, H. F. Korth, S. Sudarshan: Database System Concepts. Sixth Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2010
- T. Härder, E. Rahm: Datenbanksysteme - Konzepte und Techniken der Implementierung. 2. Auflage, Springer Verlag, 2001
- J. Gray, A. Reuter: Transaction Processing: Concepts and Techniques. Morgan Kaufmann, 1993
Description of exams and course work
The exam may be repeated at the end of the semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Application and Implementation of Database Systems|