Laboratory: Computer Organization and Computer Architecture
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
IN0005 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Further Modules from Other Disciplines
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|240 h||60 h||8 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Assembly language programming
- Circuit design with VHDL
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|PR||4||Practical Course: Introduction into Computer Architecture (IN0005)||
Responsible/Coordination: Schulz, M.
|dates in groups||
Learning and Teaching Methods
- Self-managed work in small project groups
- Two project assignments
- Documentation of the projects by a written technical report
- Preparation and execution of a final presentation
Cooperation in small groups
Introduction to VHDL
Description of exams and course work
The project work consists of
- Documentation incl. the specification (9-11 pages)
- Final presentation (15min)
The teams have to demonstrate their ability to cooperate, to submit a project plan, to implement and document their work. All three parts equally contribute to the final evaluation.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.