Introduction to Computer Organization and Technology - Computer Architecture
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
IN0004 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Further Modules from Other Disciplines
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|240 h||90 h||8 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
Neumann-Computer, machine-instruction cycle, hardware-software interface
- The Instruction Set Architecture (ISA): functionality and machineoriented Assembler programming
- Micro-programmed implementation of machine instructions
- Circuits, sequential circuits, circuit design with a formal language using the example of VHDL
- Introduction to computer architecture: microprocessor architectures and systems, parallel and distributed systems, memory systems, I/O
They have learned to apply the main concepts of machine-oriented programming, microprogramming and circuit design. They understand the machine instruction cycles based on the underlying hardware at the register transfer level and they are able to classify computer architectures. The understand the basics of modern computer architecture.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||4||Introduction to Computer Architecture (IN0004)||Schulz, M.||
Tue, 15:45–17:15, MW 0001
Mon, 12:00–13:30, MW 0001
and singular or moved dates
|UE||2||Introduction to Computer Organization and Technology - Computer Architecture, Exercise Session - Groups Thu, Fri (IN0004)||Schulz, M.||dates in groups||
|UE||2||Introduction to Computer Organization and Technology - Computer Architecture, Exercise Session - Groups Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday(IN0004)||Schulz, M.||dates in groups||
Learning and Teaching Methods
- David A. Patterson, John L. Hennessy, Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface
- Intel386 TM DX MICROPROCESSOR 32-BIT CHMOS MICROPROCESSOR WITH INTEGRATED MEMORY MANAGEMENT
- Beschreibung der mikroprogrammierbaren Maschine
Description of exams and course work
The exam may be repeated at the end of the semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Introduction to Computer Organization and Technology - Computer Architecture|
|Mon, 2023-02-13, 8:00 till 10:00||Hörsaal
|till 2023-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2023-02-06)|