Sustainable Mobility (Sustainable Mobility: Current and Future Developments)
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2018/9 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|WS 2018/9||WS 2017/8|
EI80004 is a semester module in German or English language at Master’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||45 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- term sustainability: definition of sustainability
- tools for sustainability: (i) environmental life cycle analysis, (ii) life cycle cost analysis, (iii) social life cycle analysis and, (iv) socio-economic Input-Output Analysis.
- sustainability deficits of existing mobility: oil based system, geo-politics, CO2-emissions, particulate emissions, noise, ...
- new mobility concepts beyond technology: car sharing, inter modal transport
- electric vehicles and smart grid: current situation and challenges for sustainability.
- autonomous driving: current situation and challenges for sustainability
- other alternative fuels: current situation and challenges for sustainability
- understand the term of sustainability
- understand the challenge that mobility represents to sustainability
- conduct a Life Cycle Analysis of different mobility options and assess the environmental impact (greenhouse gases, as well as other impacts) associated to different mobility systems from a life cycle approach
- conduct a Life Cycle Cost Analysis of different mobility options
- understand the socio-economic impacts of different systems using the macro-economic Input-Output Analysis.
- energy systems
- renewable energies
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VI||3||Sustainable Mobility||de la Rua Lope, C. Hamacher, T.||
Mon, 11:30–13:00, virtuell
Tue, 16:45–18:15, virtuell
and singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
The exercises will be solved by the students during the session. The students will be encouraged to participate in the discussions
Hrsg./Bearb.: Curran, Mary Ann
Place of Publication, Publisher, Year of Publication: Hoboken, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2015
Umfangsangabe: XI, 299 Seiten
Life Cycle Assessment: Quantitative approaches for decisions that matter. Available at: http://www.lcatextbook.com/
Description of exams and course work
The exam is graded and no other documents are allowed.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.