Simulation of Quantum Devices
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2017 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2017||WS 2015/6||SS 2014|
EI7619 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This module description is valid from SS 2017 to WS 2019/20.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- understand common methods for simulating quantum effects in nanoelectronics
- use related basic algorithms
- remember commercial simulation tools
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VI||4||Simulation of Quantum Devices||
Assistants: Schmidt, M.
Tue, 13:15–16:15, N1812
Learning and Teaching Methods
The theoretical background will be provided in the lectures based on traditional methods (computer-based presentations, discussion).
The exercises are based on interactive work (solving problem sets, computer exercises), the practica involve independent work.
- Class material
- Exercises (solutions available for download on the Internet)
- Computer demonstrations, exercises and labs
- Class material available for download on the Internet
- J. H. Davies: The Physics of Low-Dimensional Semiconductors