Simulation of Quantum Devices
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2017 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
|available module versions|
|SS 2017||WS 2015/6||SS 2014|
EI7619 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Focus Area Theoretical Quantum Science & Technology in M.Sc. Quantum Science & Technology
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- understand common methods for simulating quantum effects in nanoelectronics
- use related basic algorithms
- remember commercial simulation tools
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VI||4||Simulation of Quantum Devices||
Assistants: Schmidt, M.
Tue, 13:15–16:15, N1812
Learning and Teaching Methods
The theoretical background will be provided in the lectures based on traditional methods (computer-based presentations, discussion).
The exercises are based on interactive work (solving problem sets, computer exercises), the practica involve independent work.
- Class material
- Exercises (solutions available for download on the Internet)
- Computer demonstrations, exercises and labs
- Class material available for download on the Internet
- J. H. Davies: The Physics of Low-Dimensional Semiconductors
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Simulation of Quantum Devices|
|till 2020-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2020-01-30)|