This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2018 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2018||SS 2016|
EI7489 is a semester module in German language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This module description is valid from SS 2016 to SS 2018.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||90 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
-term sustainability: definition of sustainability; Social, ecological and economic sustainability
- production of electric cars: critical resources (electric motor, fuel cell, battery), cumulated energy demand; comparison of different traction systems
-decommissioning of cars: waste management (regulations), recycling strategies
- sustainability deficits of existing mobility: oil based system, geo-politics, CO2-emissions, particulate emissions, noise, ...
- sustainability of electric vehicles: power system and integration of electric mobility in the power system
- development of the necessary infrastructure: conventional technologies (oil, natural gas, ...), infrastructure for electric vehicles (fast charging, battery swopping, ...) new norms and concepts
- electric mobility and smart grid: the new technology paradigm of the 21st century
- autonomous driving
- new mobility concepts beyond technology: car sharing, inter modal transport
- describe the various terms of sustainability and be able to assess the different approaches critically
- know different methods to assess central sustainability indicators like life cycle costs and CO2-emissions
-knows the method of life cycle assessment and is capable to apply it to simple cases
- know various procedures which can turn the mobility sector into a sustainable system and is able to apply these terms and methods to the field of mobility
- energy systems
- renewable energies
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Learning and Teaching Methods
Possibility of discussion is given durch the lectures. The central messages of each lecture will be summarised at the end of the lecture.
Exercise: The exercises will be issued a week before the exercise, so that students have the chance to do the calcutlations first themselves. In the exercise lesson the results will be presented to the students.
Reading-Assignments complement the lecture.
Description of exams and course work
The exam is graded and no other documents are allowed.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.