Lecture Series Renewable Energy Systems in Developing Countries (Series of Lectures Renewable Energy Systems in Developing Countries)
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2015/6
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2017||WS 2016/7||WS 2015/6|
EI7466 is a semester module in German or English language at Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This module description is valid from WS 2015/6 to SS 2018.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||45 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Comprehension of components of renewable energy systems (PV, wind, hydro, biogas, waste, diesel generators, asynchronous motors, storage systems, simple control engineering)
- Integration/Coupling of components to an overall energy system
- Economic evaluation of the system in the context of regional markets
- Knowledge of financing opportunities
- Evaluation of socio-cultural impacts by the application of new energy technologies
- understand all the aspects which are relevant for an energy system
- apply extraneous knowledge, that is relevant for the holistic analysis of energy systems
- evaluate energy systems in developing countries on the basis of technological , social and economic opportunities , requirements and restrictions
- Interest in energy systems and their application/implementation in developing countries
- Interest in knowledge that may differ from the focus of the student´s curricula on the one hand, but which is on the other hand essential for the holistic understanding of their curricula
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Learning and Teaching Methods
In exercises the taught knowledge of the lectures will be applied to examplary topics. For each lecture these are first processed by the students in home work and then they are discussed during the exercise lesson. Most of them will be calculating tasks about the technical components, but there are also some application examples about possibilities of financing or valuation methods of socio-cultural impacts . The exercises are not graded.
- Computer-aided presentations for the lectures
- Discussion of provided literature
- Presentation slides of the speakers
- Other thematic literature recommended by the speakers
Description of exams and course work
- Short questions and multiple choice examine the theoretical knowledge
- Arithmetic problems examine the presented designing methods
- Word problems examine the methodological competence
- The exam is graded
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.