This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
EI71093 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- parametric coupling of a mechanical resonator and an optical cavity and dynamical backaction.
- optomechanical ground state cooling
- applications of quantum optomechanics
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VI||4||Quantum Optomechanics||Chowdhury, A. Demiralp, B. Weig, E.||
Thu, 13:15–14:45, EI-Gar 03.5901.013
Thu, 15:00–16:30, EI-Gar 03.5901.013
Learning and Teaching Methods
In the exercise groups, the learned content is deepened and supplemented by exercises. In addition, current scientific publications are regularly discussed.
- M. Aspelmeyer, T. J. Kippenberg, F. Marquardt, "Cavity optomechanics", Rev. Mod. Phys. 86, 1391 (2014)
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.