This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
EI71092 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Vibrational behavior and important characteristics of nanomechanical resonators.
- Behavior in the classical and quantum mechanical regimes
- Applications of nanomechanical systems
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VI||4||Nanomechanical Systems||Chowdhury, A. Demiralp, B. Weig, E.||
Thu, 13:15–14:45, N1812
Thu, 15:00–16:30, N1812
Learning and Teaching Methods
In the exercise groups, the learned content is deepened and supplemented by exercises. In addition, current scientific publications are regularly discussed.
- A. N. Cleland, "Foundations of Nanomechanics", Springer, Berlin, 2003
- M. Poot, H. S. J. van der Zant, "Mechanical Systems in the Quantum Regime", Physics Reports 511, 273 (2012)
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.