Photonic Quantum Technologies
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
EI70750 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered every semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Focus Area Experimental Quantum Science & Technology in M.Sc. Quantum Science & Technology
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||45 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
• Fundamentals of quantum photonics
• Examples of optically-active semiconductor qubits
• Quantum communication
• Photonic quantum computing
• single qubits, two-qubit states and quantum entanglement
• coherent light-matter interaction and resonator QED
• the advantages and disadvantages of different optically-active semiconductor quantum systems
• generation, manipulation and detection of single photons
• different protocols for quantum communication and their implementation
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Photonic Quantum Technologies||Müller, K.||
Thu, 15:00–16:30, virtuell
|UE||1||Exercise to Photonic Quantum Technologies||Müller, K.||
Thu, 16:30–17:15, virtuell
Learning and Teaching Methods
• M.A. Nielsen and I.L. Chuang - Quantum Computation and Quantum Information (Cambridge University Press)
• Peter Michler - Quantum Dots for Quantum Information Technologies - (Springer, 2017).
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.