This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
EI70210 is a semester module in German or English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Focus Area Bio-Sensors in M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
6) experimental test systems (scanning probes, break junctions, nanogaps, monolayer junctions); 7) electrical biosensors: surface plasmon resonance, quartz microbalance, nanopores, nanowires 8) charge transfer and transport in biomolecules: DNA and proteins; 9) organic electronics (organic thin-film transistors)
- Werkstoffe, Elektronische Bauelemente
- Festkörper-, Halbleiter- und Bauelementephysik
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
Rojas Rojas, H.
Assistants: Artmeier, S.Chryssikos, D.Dlugosch, J.Fereiro, J.Reiser, D.
Learning and Teaching Methods
- Presentations, handout notes, blackboard notes, tablet-PC, lab tours
Introduction to Nanoscience, S.M. Lindsay, Oxford (2010)
Molecular Electronics: An Introduction to Theory and Experiment; Juan Carlos Cuevas / Elke Scheer, World Scientific (2010)
Additional material will be provided on Moodle.
Description of exams and course work
The written exam is composed of calculation exercises and short questions about the entire lecture contents; it serves as an examination of the basic understanding of mechanisms and structures of bio-molecular electronics, and of present standard techniques to build basic systems based on those devices.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.