This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2015/6
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2017||WS 2015/6||SS 2014|
EI0627 is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This module description is valid from SS 2014 to WS 2016/7.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Absorption, spontaneous emission and stimulated emission
- Laser oscillator
- Solid-state/fiber lasers, gas lasers, liquid dye lasers, semiconductor lasers
- Pulsed lasers, mode locking
- developed an understanding of the fundamental principles of lasers
- know different types of lasers
- know basics of laser design
- understand applications for Lasers
These modules should be successfully completed before participating:
- Physics for electrical engineers
- Electronic devices
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
Assistants: Popp, J.
Wed, 15:00–16:30, virtuell
and singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
As teaching methods, direct instruction/lecturing is used in the lectures, while the exercises are based on interactive teaching (calculating exercises). The practical course will provide hands-on experience.
- Class material
- Exercises (solutions available for download on the Internet)
- Class material
- A. Siegman: Lasers
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.