This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2017 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2017||WS 2015/6||SS 2014|
EI0627 is a semester module in English language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Further Modules from Other Disciplines
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
- Absorption, spontaneous emission and stimulated emission
- Laser oscillator
- Solid-state/fiber lasers, gas lasers, liquid dye lasers, semiconductor lasers
- Pulsed lasers, mode locking
- developed an understanding of the fundamental principles of lasers
- know different types of lasers
- know basics of laser design
- understand applications for Lasers
These modules should be successfully completed before participating:
- Physics for electrical engineers
- Electronic devices
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
Assistants: Popp, J.
Wed, 15:00–16:30, virtuell
Learning and Teaching Methods
As teaching methods, direct instruction/lecturing is used in the lectures, while the exercises are based on interactive teaching (calculating exercises). The practical course will provide hands-on experience.
- Class material
- Exercises (solutions available for download on the Internet)
- Class material
- A. Siegman: Lasers
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|till 2021-06-30 (cancelation of registration till 2021-07-12)|