Symmetry and Group Theory
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2021/2 (current)
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions
CH3337 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in winter semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Focus Area Theoretical Quantum Science & Technology in M.Sc. Quantum Science & Technology
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
2. molecular symmetry and point symmetry groups
3. representation theory
4. symmetry and quantum mechanics
5. MO theory and symmetry in inorganic and organic chemistry
6. ligand field theory and spectroscopy
7. molecular vibrations
8. solid state and crystal symmetry
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|Symmetry and Group Theory (CH3337)
Assistants: Malvetti, E.Römer, A.vom Ende, F.
Learning and Teaching Methods
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.