Quantum Dynamics and Spectroscopy
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of WS 2020/1
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2021||WS 2020/1||SS 2020||SS 2018|
CH3335 is a semester module in English language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Specific catalogue of special courses for condensed matter physics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for nuclear, particle, and astrophysics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for Biophysics
- Complementary catalogue of special courses for Applied and Engineering Physics
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|150 h||60 h||5 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
2. Density-Matrix Formalism
3. Light-Matter Interaction
4. Response Theory
5. Multidimensional Spectroscopies (NMR, IR, UV/VIS)
6. Dynamical Spectroscopy
7. Computation of Spectroscopic Parameters
They know the use and contribution of these techniques to address chemical problems.
They can classify the applicability and limitations of the different techniques.
They are able to use the acquired methods to perform simple simulations.
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VI||4||Quantum Dynamics and Spectroscopy||Reuter, K. Scheurer, C.||
Learning and Teaching Methods
2) Karl Blum, Density Matrix Theory and Applications, Springer
3) Shaul Mukamel, Principles of Nonlinear Optics and Spectroscopy Oxford University Press
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.