Image Understanding - Advanced Methods
This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2011
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2020||WS 2011/2||SS 2011|
BV310003 is a semester module in German language at Master’s level which is offered in summer semester.
This Module is included in the following catalogues within the study programs in physics.
- Catalogue of non-physics elective courses
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||45 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
-topology and texture
-active contour models
-3D object recognition
- understand the potentials and limitations of selected methods of computer vision
- evaluate the applicability of computer vision methods for practice related tasks
- "Digital Image Processing" of the bachelor program "Geodesy and Geoinformation"
- "Principles of Image Understanding and Signal Processing" of the master program "Geodesy and Geoinformation"
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||3||Image Understanding - Advanced Methods||Schneider, M. Tumampos, S.||
and singular or moved dates
Learning and Teaching Methods
- exercise sheets
- Haberäcker, P. (1995): Praxis der digitalen Bildverarbeitung und Mustererkennung. Carl Hanser Verlag
- Jähne, B. (2005): Digitale Bildverarbeitung. 6. Auflage. Springer Verlag
- Radig, B., Hrsg. (1993): Verarbeiten und Verstehen von Bildern. Oldenbourg Verlag
Description of exams and course work
The exam is without auxiliaries.
Note in view of the limitations on university operations as a result of the CoViD19 pandemic: If the basic conditions (hygiene, physical distance rules, etc.) for a classroom-based examination cannot be met, the planned form of examination can be changed to a written or oral online examination in accordance with §13a APSO. The decision about this change will be announced as soon as possible, but at least 14 days before the date of the examination by the examiner after consultation with the board of examiners of the respective study program.
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.
Current exam dates
Currently TUMonline lists the following exam dates. In addition to the general information above please refer to the current information given during the course.
|Image Understanding - Advanced Methods|
|Tue, 2023-03-07, 11:30 till 12:30||Import||till 2023-01-15 (cancelation of registration till 2023-02-28)|