This module handbook serves to describe contents, learning outcome, methods and examination type as well as linking to current dates for courses and module examination in the respective sections.
Module version of SS 2011
There are historic module descriptions of this module. A module description is valid until replaced by a newer one.
Whether the module’s courses are offered during a specific semester is listed in the section Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature below.
|available module versions|
|SS 2020||SS 2015||SS 2011|
BV000126 is a semester module in German language at Bachelor’s level which is offered in summer semester.
|Total workload||Contact hours||Credits (ECTS)|
|90 h||30 h||3 CP|
Content, Learning Outcome and Preconditions
• Introduction in fundamentals of environmental chemistry and environmental analytical chemistry
• Fundamentals of wet chemical and instrumental analytical methods
• Principles of relevant instrumental analytical methods (spectroscopy, chromatography, mass spectrometry)
• Sampling techniques and strategies
• sample preparation methods
• Quantification and quality assurance in analytical chemistry
• Selection of suitable analytical methods for various contaminants in case studies
Courses, Learning and Teaching Methods and Literature
Courses and Schedule
|VO||2||Environmental Analysis||Knoop, O.||
Wed, 11:30–13:00, 2605
Learning and Teaching Methods
Tafelarbeit Medienform (EN)
Stanley Manahan, Environmental Chemistry, CRC Press (2005)
Ibanez et al., Environmental Chemistry, Springer, (2007)
Hein und Kunze, Umweltanalytik, VCH (1994)
Deutsche Einheitsverfahren der Wasser-, Abwasser- und Schlammanalytik (DEV), VCH (Loseblattsammlung)
Description of exams and course work
There is a possibility to take the exam in the following semester.