Dr. Friedemann Reinhard
Courses and Dates
|Title and Module Assignment|
|Quantum Sensing Assigned to modules:|
Assisstants: Braunbeck, G.Irber, D.Joas, T.
Thu, 13:00–14:30, WSI S101
Offered Bachelor’s or Master’s Theses Topics
- Visualisierung von Nervenaktivität mit Quantensensoren und/oder Deep Learning
Our lab is using solid state qubits to build sensors, for instance for magnetic fields. We aim to apply them to various applications, with a particular focus on life sciences.
We are seeking a MSc student to study a novel application, imaging of electric action potentials of neurons, the cells performing computation in the brain. This should involve the development of a new type of sensor, based on solid state quantum materials, smart signal processing by artificial neural networks, or a combination of both.
* You will learn to prepare microscopy samples of both solid state samples and cell cultures.
* You will design an experiment to detect the weak optical signals from these samples in one of our existing microscope setups. This will involve development of advanced optics and control software.
Depending on preference you will either
* Study fluoresent quantum materials like red fluorescent diamond and their response to external electric fields.
* Develop signal processing protocols to enhance these signals in existing devices
- suitable as
- Master’s Thesis Condensed Matter Physics
- Master’s Thesis Nuclear, Particle, and Astrophysics
- Master’s Thesis Biophysics
- Master’s Thesis Applied and Engineering Physics
- Supervisor: Friedemann Reinhard