M.Sc. Manuel Schultheiß
Offered Bachelor’s or Master’s Theses Topics
- AI/machine learning algorithms for the automated detection of respiratory diseases in chest CT scans
This project will focus on using AI/machine learning algorithms (i.e. deep convolutional neural networks) for the automated detection of respiratory diseases (e.g. COPD, COVID-19) in chest CT scans. The project will be carried out in close collaboration with the Department of Radiology at the TUM Klinikum Rechts der Isar and an external industrial collaborator.
Character of thesis work: mainly computational physics & image processing
For more information, please contact: Manuel Schultheiß (email@example.com), Tobias Lasser (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Franz Pfeiffer (email@example.com).
- suitable as
- Master’s Thesis Condensed Matter Physics
- Master’s Thesis Nuclear, Particle, and Astrophysics
- Master’s Thesis Biophysics
- Master’s Thesis Applied and Engineering Physics
- Master’s Thesis Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics
- Supervisor: Franz Pfeiffer