M.Sc. Markus Wiesinger
Ausgeschriebene Angebote für Abschlussarbeiten
- Study of Al2O3 deposited by ALD
- The proposed master thesis is on the preparation and characterization of Al2O3 films, deposited with a new atomic layer deposition (ALD) system. ALD is a relatively new technique to deposit a wide range of oxides and other compound materials in a very controlled way. It is based on chemical vapor deposition with two self-limiting reactions. The two reactions take place one after the other with a chamber purge in between. Mayor benefits of this technique are: 1. The uniform thickness of deposited films. Even three dimensional substrates can be covered with only small variations of the amount of deposited material. 2. The precise control of the film thickness. Due to the self-limiting reactions employed, a growth of only a few nm can be reached very precisely. 3. The variety of materials that can be deposited is broad and extends to even high k dielectrics. The master student will work with our new ALD setup and will start with the thermal ALD of Al2O3 passivation layers. These layers have shown a superior performance compared to SiO2 in the passivation of silicon surfaces, act as efficient diffusion barrier and have a higher breakdown field. The proposed thesis includes the preparation of films via ALD. The produced films should be investigated with respect to the atomic composition, film thickness and uniformity and other characteristics if needed. A variety of experimental techniques like XPS, AFM, SEM, and electrical characterization methods will be available for this work.
- geeignet als
- Masterarbeit Physik der kondensierten Materie
- Masterarbeit Applied and Engineering Physics
- Themensteller(in): Martin Stutzmann